It’s easy to get caught up in everyday expenses and drop $10 here or $20 there. These small amounts that you may spend out to lunch or on a cup of coffee can add up quickly. Here are a few easy ways that you can save money every day:
- Plan out your meals. Take a few hours to plan out your meals for the week and grocery shop. Eating at home will save you money and is typically a healthier option than eating out. If you’ve planned your meals and spent money on groceries, you will be less tempted to grab food on the go.
- Cut out cable. Cable TV costs are on the rise and average over $100 each month. Try alternatives like Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime and HBOGo. These options are much cheaper and offer a large selection of shows and movies.
- Skip the coffee shop. We understand that it’s so easy to shop by and grab a cup of joe at the local coffee shop, but spending $4 to $5 on coffee a day adds up quickly! Try making coffee at home and carrying it to go.
- Turn the thermostat when you leave the house. In the summertime, turn the AC up a few degrees while you’re gone. There’s no point in cooling the house when no one is home.
- Consider a rewards credit card. Credit cards that offer rewards for everyday purchases can help you score a free flight or lump sum of money. If managed responsibility, this can be a great tool!
- Create a monthly and/or weekly budget. Account for all of your money and where it will be spent, giving yourself a certain amount of flex and spending money.
Start being mindful of your spending and actively work to save on everything you can. Cutting your costs will help you achieve a savings goal or pay a car off so that you have more financial freedom in the future. Contact us today for help with planning for your financial future.